I am an Assistant Professor of Computer Science in the Department of Mathematics, Computer and Information Science at the State University of New York at Old Westbury. I earned my PhD from the Department of Computer Science at Stony Brook University. Before moving to the United States for higher studies, I studied Computer Science and Engineering at Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
My research interest includes Misinformation Mining, Event and Anomaly detection, Large-scale graph mining, Data mining, and Machine Learning. During my PhD, I was involved in several projects funded by Northrop Grumman and NSF to develop Anomaly Mining algorithms and apply
them to solve real-world problems.
I worked as a Research Intern in the Information Security team at IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Summer 2015. After I defended my PhD, I worked as a Research Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) in the Department of Computer Science at Stony Brook University (SBU) for two semesters (Fall 2017 – Spring 2018).
- PhD in Computer Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
Supervisor: Dr. Leman Akoglu, Dean’s Associate Professor, Information Systems and Public Policy, Heinz College, Carnegie Mellon University
Thesis: Ensemble and Multimodal Learning for Anomaly Mining: Algorithms and Applications. [The thesis (.pdf) can be found here]
- MS in Computer Science from Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Thesis Supervisor: Dr. Saidur Rahman, Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, BUET
Thesis: Topological Book Embeddings of Planar Graphs
Awards & Honors
- NSF Travel Grant for SDM 2016
- IACS Young Writer’s Award, 2015
- SIAM SDM 2015 Student Travel Grant
- CRA-W Graduate Cohort Workshop Travel Award, 2015
- CS Fellowship from Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University
- University Dean’s List Scholarship in all levels, BUET
- Gold Medal from Ideal School and College for the result of HSC